POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov64 - linux advice wanted please! : Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:35:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please!
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Dec 2005 07:03:37
Message: <dms1ja$l4g$1@chho.imagico.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   About 2), I don't really know if the official binary is 32 or 64
> bits, as I always compile the sources for my own platform.

The only official binary currently available is a 32bit one.

> The effort is
> so minimal that any advantage is worth. I mean, compiling your own
> version for you specific platform is very easy on Linux, and it should
> take only a few minutes more than installing the official binary (just
> make sure to install the development tools of your Linux distro).

IIRC the only tools required are gcc and make.  Most distributions
install those by default.  For building with X Window display you need
the development packages for the X-Libs.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)